Hand Arendall's Health Care Practice Group has combined the experiences of its business and litigation lawyers to serve the needs of its medical and health care clients with diverse representation in matters unique to the health care industry. These lawyers represent a variety of clients, including physicians and institutional health care providers, in their general business matters ranging from contract negotiations to commercial transactions. More specific examples of the diverse areas in which lawyers in the Health Care Practice work are:
- Tax and estate planning attorneys within the group regularly engage in advising health care clients in matters relating both to personal tax and estate planning issues and to practice issues.
- Litigation lawyers in the group regularly represent medical and health care clients in state and federal courts throughout the Southeast in medical liability and regulatory litigation.
- Regulatory lawyers in the group assist health care providers in the development and processing of certificate of need applications before the Alabama State Health Planning and Development Agency.
- Regulatory lawyers in the group also guide clients through the maze of laws, rules and regulations, including Stark II and AntiKickback laws, EMTALA and HIPAA, in connection with reimbursement issues, establishment of physician practices, resolution of employment issues, structure of physician buy-ins and buy-outs, joint ventures and other business transactions contemplated by health care clients.
- Regulatory lawyers in the group also aid clients with a broad range of licensure and certification requirements and help develop currently mandated privacy, patient safety and compliance programs.
In summary, Hand Arendall's health care clients benefit from experienced attorneys from all areas of the firm's practice to ensure that the particular and specific needs of health care clients are met with efficient and quality legal services.
For more information regarding the Health Care Practice Group, contact Practice Group Chairman Roger L. Bates
or any of the other lawyers in the Practice Group.