Alabama State Bar, 1972
J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1971; B.S., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1967
Civic and Professional Affiliations
Nick Greenwood is a member of the firm's Public Finance and Economic Development Practice Group. His primary practice includes serving as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, trustee's counsel, counsel to providers of credit enhancement and counsel to bond purchasers in public financings. His clients include the State of Alabama, state universities, hospitals, airports, industrial development boards, utility systems, public schools, municipalities and counties.
Nick has written numerous constitutional amendments and state statutes relating to public finance.
- $46,640,000 The Educational Building Authority of the City of Homewood Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds (Samford University, Series 2017-A)
- $23,380,000 The Utilities Board of the City of Opelika Utility Bonds, Series 2017-B
- $39,130,000 The Utilities Board of the city of Foley Utilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2017
- $27,265,000 The Utilities Board of the City of Opelika Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2017
- $469,500,000 The Water Works Board of the City of Birmingham Senior Water Revenue Bonds, Series 2016 A, Subordinate Water Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2016 B and Subordinate Water Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2016 C (Taxable)
- $28,095,000 The DCH Health Care Authority Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2015
- $25,325,000 The DCH Health Care Authority Health Care Facilities Revenue Bond, Series 2016
Nick is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and a Regular Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for Public Finance Law for over ten years and is the 2012 Best Lawyer's Lawyer of the Year for Public Finance in Birmingham. He served as Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama from 1994 to 1997, and served as Chairman of the Committee for the Nomination of the Bishop Suffragan in 2001. During Nick's forty-plus years of public finance practice he has conducted seminars, presentations and taught or participated in CLEs for numerous organizations, including the National Association of Bond Lawyers, Rebuilding America (Forbes Conference, New York), the Southern Trust School and the Alabama Association of School Boards.
Best Lawyers in America for Public Finance Law, for over ten years
2012 Best Lawyers' Lawyer of the Year for Public Finance in Birmingham
Chambers USA, Banking & Finance, Public Finance
AV Rated in Martindale-Hubble®
Alabama Super Lawyers – Government Finance
Best Lawyers In America© 2018 Edition, Public Finance Law